Sub-summary or trailing grand summary part not shown in preview mode
Product and version
FileMaker Pro 12.0.3, FileMaker Pro 14.0.3
OS and version
Windows 7 Prof, OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
Under certain conditions a sub-summary or trailing grand summary part is not shown in preview mode.
When the following conditions are met:
- If a field completely fills its enclosing layout part (i.e. it has the same top + height as the layout part) AND
- the option slide up and resize part is checked and
- there is a sub summary (or trailing grand summary) following it,
- the field value is empty and
- this is viewed in preview mode
THEN the **FOLLOWING** summary part disappears - *although it contains data which SHOULD BE shown*.
However, if the field is 1 pt smaller than the enclosing part, the following summary part is displayed normally.
You can see the effect in our example file.
Link: Dropbox - Part-Test.fmp12
No workaround exists without changing the desired layout output. (Shortening the field by 1 pt ruins the printout, because all of the output 1pt parts together cause a undesired page break)