1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 8:31 AM by Benjamin Fehr

Portal filter fails in FMGo 14

Benjamin Fehr

Product and version: FMGo 14.0.4 and prior

OS and version: iOS 9.x

Hardware: iPhone 5S, iPad mini

Description: a Portal with 2 filters works in FMP14, fails in FMGo 14

How to replicate: Build a portal with 2 filters: one is a global $$Var, second is value of a global field

Workaround: none found yet

1. Filter sets character of Adress (Company | Person ),

2. Filter triggers a "search-follows-input" trigger

AD_AD_rel1::Auswahl = $$Filter

AND

(

IstLeer (LEGENDS::_search_value)

OR

MusterAnzahl ( AD_AD_rel1::f_adress_horiz_s ; LEGENDS::_search_value ) > 0

)

• Screenshot shows comparison between FMPA14 AND FMGo14

• Portal is embedded in a Popover

• tests with portal not in Popover also failed XFMGo14_Portalfilter_fail.png

• 1. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
          TSGal

efficientbizz:

What fields are displayed in the portal?  That is, I see a different set of field values in each screen shot.  For instance, you say Companies are displayed in FileMaker Pro, but only names in FileMaker Go.  Can you expand on your explanation?  Do you have a sample file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
            Benjamin Fehr

What fields are displayed in the portal?

1 related global field for search query on Top which serves as Filter 2

(before entering the Popover, a script sets the $$Var value for Filter 1)

That is, I see a different set of field values in each screen shot.  For instance, you say Companies are displayed in FileMaker Pro, but only names in FileMaker Go.  Can you expand on your explanation?

Same queries, same filters are set in example shown in screenshot for FMP 14 AND screenshot for FMGo14.

Though in FMGo, same results should appear as with FMP14 example. Does not!

For any reasons, filter get ignored in FMGo 14

Do you have a sample file?

Don't know how to deal with this. As you know, it's that 200MB MedicalBizz solution. Would take a couple of hours to write instructions about how to get to the affected layout and how to trigger this issue.

- are their any known issue reports with Portal Filters with FMGo14 I might have overseen?

- is there another way for TS to do inquiries on this?

• 3. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
              TSGal

efficientbizz:

For clarification, there is only the one global field in the portal that displays the Company in FileMaker Pro and the Name in FileMaker Go.  That is, there are no other fields in the portal  Correct?

What value are you setting the global variable $$filter in your example?

I currently don't see any portal filter issues related to FileMaker Go 14.

In my example, I have a script that sets the variable $$filter to "SELECTION".  I set a portal filter similar to your filter:

Related:Selection = $$Filter

AND

(

IsEmpty (Main::search_value)

OR

PatternCount ( Related::Company ; Main::search_value ) > 0

)

For those records where I have Selection = "SELECTION", the information displays properly in both FileMaker Pro 14 and FileMaker Go 14, so having steps to follow on your solution would be helpful in reproducing your issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                Benjamin Fehr

For clarification, there is only the one global field in the portal that displays the Company in FileMaker Pro and the Name in FileMaker Go.  That is, there are no other fields in the portal  Correct?

No. The Global Field stays above the portal and is used for filtering the portal (Filter 2).

The addresses are built on a formula field which shows either Company OR Person address

What value are you setting the global variable $$filter in your example?

In Table 'Addresses' there's a field "Auswahl" (type of address) which can be

Company | Person | Patient | Doctor | Sponsor

Script 'goto Popover' (which contains the portal) hands over one of this attributes as a Scriptparameter.

Though if Sponsor is set as ScriptParameter, this will be set as the Filter Var $$ (Filter 1)

In my example, I have a script that sets the variable $$filter to "SELECTION".  I set a portal filter similar to your filter:

Related:Selection = $$Filter

AND

(

IsEmpty (Main::search_value)

OR

PatternCount ( Related::Company ; Main::search_value ) > 0

)

Looks similar to my steps to set Filter 1.

For those records where I have Selection = "SELECTION", the information displays properly in both FileMaker Pro 14 and FileMaker Go 14, so having steps to follow on your solution would be helpful in reproducing your issue.

With my experiences, result with FMGo differs (fails) from result with FMPA14.

- Do have a the field 'Selection' (maybe hidden) in the portal rows (I have not)?

- did you put your solution on the iPhone OR did you connect your iPhone with the solution hosted with FMP14 (iPhone- Client / Mac - Host is what I did)?

• 5. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                  TSGal

efficientbizz:

Thank you for the additional information.

The field "Selection" is not in the portal rows.

I initially put the file on an iPad and ran it locally.  Now, from your latest instructions, I put the file on FileMaker Server 14.0.3 and connected via the iPad.  Same results.

Let me know what else to try to reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                    Benjamin Fehr

only difference I spot with your tests is that the solution is hosted on FMServer and NOT FMPro.

I don't work with FMServer at all. Does FMServer behave different to FMPro regarding global fields or $$ Var?

• 7. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                      TSGal

efficientbizz:

No difference.  Global fields are local to each client.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                        Benjamin Fehr

TSGal

With all my tests, I've always accessed FMP 14 with Privilege Set [Full Access] whereas with FMGo 14, Privilege Set 'All Access' was used.

Now we can narrow this down since

• this works on FMP 14 AND FMGo 14 as well IF Privilege Set [Full Access] is set

• but fails on both if Privilege Set "All Access" is set

All Scripts involved are set to "Grant Full Access Privileges"

Scripts seem to work. It's the filtering within the Portal that fails.

Any thoughts on this?

Any Privileges Set's option required for Portal Filtering I might have overseen?

• 9. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                          Benjamin Fehr

TSGal

I have all resources ready in our DropBox according to the Email I sent you.

many thanks

B

• 10. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                            TSGal

efficientbizz:

I received your message and files.  I have sent all files (including instructions) to our Testing department for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                              TSGal

efficientbizz:

This issue was previously reported (not on the forum), and our Development and Testing are aware of this issue.  I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                                Benjamin Fehr

thanks for info.

And as a note to FMI Customer Support.

I've spent hours with tests, analysis, documentations and reporting to proof something FMI already knew!!!

As I stated many many times in the past: Please, please have somebody at FMI who posts all the reports that come in by email or by phone or by carrier pigeon here at this place!

This is where FMP Developers all over the world bring in OR gather informations. It's not too much to ask FMI to bring in their part.

• 14. Re: Portal filter fails in FMGo 14
                                  Benjamin Fehr

thanks Fred(CH)

I have you on cc. on my Mail to FMI PM and Tech Support.

Maybe you tell them how many hours you keep spending every day reading and commenting FM Bug Reports!

1 2 Previous Next