2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 8:04 AM by flamecoder

Blank Space from Text to Field Edge

flamecoder

Is there a way to remove the extra space around the text field edge so I can place the field into a portal row without the portal row height so big? When trying to adjust the text field it will only go so small in heights. I want the text to be closer to the field edge.Border Space.png

The way it is I can't make the field border height smaller. Overall I want to make the portal row thinner. Type size is 9 pts.

• 1. Re: Blank Space from Text to Field Edge
          steveromig

Is there a way to remove the extra space around the text field edge so I can place the field into a portal row without the portal row height so big? When trying to adjust the text field it will only go so small in heights. I want the text to be closer to the field edge.Border Space.png

The way it is I can't make the field border height smaller. Overall I want to make the portal row thinner. Type size is 9 pts.

Sounds like you are looking to adjust the "field padding" for a field. 

You can adjust the padding for a field by highlighting it in Layout mode and then accessing the Appearance tab on the Inspector and looking at the "Advanced Graphic" section.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Blank Space from Text to Field Edge
            flamecoder

FileMaker 12 doesn't have the "Advanced Graphic" section... No "Field Padding" option.