4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 6:55 AM by angelleye

What is best way to setup ODBC connection from OSX for External SQL Sources?

angelleye

I've been able to get this working easily in Windows, but for some reason on OSX I've struggled.

I have a MySQL database on a web server that I'd like to hook up to FileMaker Server running on OS X 10.9.5. 

The first problem I run into is that apparently Apple removed the ODBC manager from OS X so now I have to grab it from some 3rd party.  I see this one, and I see others.  Is there any particular one that will work best for FM hookup?

After that, apparently on OS X the free ODBC driver that MySQL provides isn't compatible with FM ESS..??  I've actually purchased the one that FileMaker documentation says is compatible but then when I setup a DSN on the server and try to load it up in FM Pro it doesn't show up in the list of available data sources.

So I'm just hoping I can get some exact details from somebody who has this working on the same configuration.  Should I use the ODBC manager provided at the link above or something else?  Maybe that's why the ActualTechnologies ODBC driver isn't working for me..??

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!