2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 10:46 AM by ralvy

Tabs to hidden button

ralvy

Filemaker v14.0.3 OS X.

I find that if I include a button with a Hide Object When property in Layout Tab Order, the user can still tab to that button when it's hidden.

To see this, just insert a button on your layout and give it a Hide Object When property and include it in Layout Tab Order. Test tabbing during the Hide Object When condition. You will find you can tab to the hidden button.

• 1. Re: Tabs to hidden button
          TSGal

ralvy:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 14.0.3 under Mac OS X 10.10.5 (and 10.11.1).  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a database file with three Text fields:  Field1, Field2, Field3

2. I added a button that executes the Single Step "Show Custom Dialog".

3. I created three more Text fields:  Field4, Field 5, Field6

4. I went to Browse mode, and entered one record with sample data.  The tab order skipped over the button.

5. I returned to Layout Mode, changed the tab order so the button is in the fourth position.  I returned to Browse mode to verify the tab order worked (it did).

6. In Layout Mode, I set a Hide object when condition to:   IsEmpty (Field6)

7. Returning to Browse mode, I created a new record, and the button was not present (as expected).  I tabbed through, and I was unable to tab to the hidden button.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Tabs to hidden button
            ralvy

Thanks for the reply, TSGal. I doublechecked and found my Hide condition didn't cover enough cases. When I fixed it, Tab Order worked fine. Please consider this closed. My error.