Hello, Mike. A few things you can look at:
1) Any Script Triggers on navigating to the report layout?
2) How is the report being generated? By a script? Anything in the script that might change the found set?
3) Are all the fields on the report layout coming from the same table? Summary fields? Anything that might be bringing data in from a related table?
4) Try running it through the Script Debugger, and put a Get ( FoundCount ) calculation in the Watch tab. See if it changes at any point during the report generation.
If none of that helps, we can dig a little deeper.
Thanks for the reply.
1. No script triggers when navigating to the report.
2. A script creates a new window, narrows the product to 117 records, switches to Report layout, performs script that does sort.
3. At first, the fields were from 2 tables. The layout was based on the PRODUCT. I just changed the layout so that all fields are in the same table. No Luck.
4. I'll try this next.
When run through debugger, put a breakpoint before the "Go To Layout" and had 119 records. When I step past the "Go To Layout" it changes to 10001 records. I believe that is the list of the 119 records broken down into all the found fields. Is this correct?
No. It means the found record count has changed. (Found count has nothing to do with fields.) That means:
1) A script is firing that changes the found set.
2) The underlying table occurrence is different on the new layout.
Since (1) is apparently not happening (you didn't say a new script fired after the Go to Layout script step), check the TO for the layout against the previous layout. Something is different.
OK. I'll check that next. One question: If the TO is the same for both layouts, is it ok to have one field that is from a different table? The field from another table is in both the original and the report layout.
Yes, it's certainly okay to do that.