1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 11:08 AM by siplus

simple report/layout w/ subsummary (summary or calculations?)

macstanton

Should I be using a subsummary report with calculations or summaries to achieve this simple layout/report?  Can anyone point me to a similar example?  I just need a report that shows who called like 20 or more times.  Here are some more details.  Am I barking up the right tree? 

I work for a non-profit and we help kids with homework.

We have a text field "code name" and I need to show how many times a kid has called in a report.

Do I have to make a copy of that text field and make it a summary field, then do a sub summary report?

Or, can I do a Sub Summary report with the Calculation field?

I'm not a complete database newbie, but I'm just getting my feet wet with FM and have done a couple of with this, so anything will be helpful.  I'm using FMP 11.

I'd like for the report to be sorted by County then by School.  But, the main thing is to be able to know the kids (Code Names) who are calling the most. I realize that there may be 2 different report/layouts here.

I also have to do a report/layout that shows people (Code Name) of people who have called X number of times or more (e.g. 20).

All records have a Code Name field, which is a text field at this time.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Keith

1 2 3 4 Previous Next