0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 4:49 AM by Handri

Rental Shop : Multiple Relationship Diagram

Handri

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Handri, I am new to Filemaker Pro. I followed the tutorial on Lynda.com by Chris Ippolite. And I have some question here.

I decided to make a solution for a Rental Shop, which the shop have their own products and the products from the supplier (may have many products), which every end of the month the shop has to make a report for the supplier every items which was rented.

So this is the table and relationship which I planned.

1. Customer

2. Invoices
      3. Invoice Data

4. Products

5. Suppliers

6. Payments

7. Payments Data

Screenshot (1).png

Customer ----->Invoices ---->InvoiceData---->Products

Suppliers----> Payments---->PaymentData---->Products

=========================================================================================================

First Question :

I want to have a relationship between Products and Suppliers, to make the report of each item appears on Invoices, so the Rental Shop can make a payment to the Suppliers.

How can I make the relationship between Products and Suppliers ? Do I need the Third table to connect them ?

=========================================================================================================

About the Invoices.

As it is a Rental Shop, the payment has 4 parameters depending on the Return time. Each items have 3 rental days.

1. same day has 50% discount.

2. 2 nights over has 30% discount.

3. 3 nights has 0% discount.

4. overtime, 1 day have to pay extra 10% of the Item price.

Each item in one Invoices might not be return on the same time. Which this will effects the Payments to the Suppliers.

==========================================================================================================

Second Question :

Is it possible to make this kind of data ?
      How ?

==========================================================================================================

About the Products.

The products has a Margin Rate for the Suppliers, each products has different Margin Rate. Which at the end of the month the Rental Shop have a report to each and all items of the suppliers. The reports includes the item which has a discount or extra payment from the customers.
      And I wanted to have the Status of the Products which is (Rented or Available)

Third Question :

Is it possible to make this kind of data ?
      How ?

How to make the toggle for the Rented or Available according the data from the Invoices (if its Rented) ?

I will attach my table's relationship, and please advice if I made a mistake.

Please kindly advice or help, even it is just a theory.
      I will really appreciate it very much. And after I learned a lot from here, I want to share my knowledge and experience to help another people who needed a help as well.

Regards,

Handri