3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 8:18 AM by steveromig

Emails don't include attachments

jazzrockballet

My Filemaker Pro 12 is working fine, but my emails do not send the attachments even though it is indicated that they will be sent with email.

This is new.  I have used "find" to pick groups and sent "emails" many times.  Anyone else have this problem on a Mac with OS X EL CAPITAN?

• 1. Re: Emails don't include attachments
          steveromig

My Filemaker Pro 12 is working fine, but my emails do not send the attachments even though it is indicated that they will be sent with email.

This is new.  I have used "find" to pick groups and sent "emails" many times.  Anyone else have this problem on a Mac with OS X EL CAPITAN?

A couple of things...

1. There have been reports of mail attachments not working as expected in El Capitan and we are working with Apple on a resolution.  No timetable at this time.  Reports are that if you perform the Send Mail script step with the dialog (instead of not displaying it) that things work a little better.  But this is a known issue with FileMaker Pro 14 and I suspect it also affects other versions of FileMaker Pro as well running under El Capitan.
          2. FileMaker Pro 12 is not certified to work with El Capitan.  While there have not been any major issues reported with FileMaker Pro 12 and El Capitan - you are swimming without a lifeguard for sure by doing so.  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15186

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Emails don't include attachments
            jazzrockballet

Thank you for your response.

I have no problem upgrading to FileMaker Pro 14.

As a matter of fact I am using it for the 30 day trial.

But, considering that the attachment issue it not resolved by upgrading it feels a little strange to continue this way.

I really do not want to change my database software system.  I have used Filemaker since 2008, but

I love my Apple products and have no plans to change that.

Are you saying that if I upgrade I will be " swimming with a lifeguard?”  Need a solution.

I can only tread water so long.

• 3. Re: Emails don't include attachments
              steveromig

Thank you for your response.

I have no problem upgrading to FileMaker Pro 14.

As a matter of fact I am using it for the 30 day trial.

But, considering that the attachment issue it not resolved by upgrading it feels a little strange to continue this way.

I really do not want to change my database software system.  I have used Filemaker since 2008, but

I love my Apple products and have no plans to change that.

Are you saying that if I upgrade I will be " swimming with a lifeguard?”  Need a solution.

I can only tread water so long.

The mail attachment issue still persists with FileMaker Pro 14 and El Capitan.  However, FileMaker Pro 14 is certified with El Capitan whereas FileMaker Pro 12 is not. 

So no, if you upgrade you will have a "lifeguard" as you will be using a tested combination of products.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.