1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 12:14 PM by velistar

FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out

duncanbaker

Hey all

Took the plunge to test out FMS 14.0.4 update on my development server. It should be noted:

The machine is a Mac Mini running Yosemite

Mac Server app is not installed

It's a fresh OS install from about a month ago and is used sole for FMS - nothing else is running on it

Web Server appeared fine before updating - it certainly had the green circle/check mark

Followed recommended procedures, stopping the FMS, WPE and ODBC, before installing the update

Have rebooted multiple times

Issue is that Web Server section is greyed out. PHP and XML are enabled. If I try to redeploy, I get to the web server test and it says the connection is refused. I found this post: Re: FMS 13/Macintiosh  = "Cannot contact web server" - Maverick's issue? In there, wimdecorte suggests using netstat, which didn't seem to reveal much in this situation and then run this in terminal:

sudo /Library/Filemaker\ Server/HTTPServer/bin/httpdctl graceful

When I run that, I get this:

/usr/sbin/httpd -k graceful -D FILEMAKER -f /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/conf/httpd.conf

AH00526: Syntax error on line 66 of /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf:

SSLPassPhraseDialog: file '/usr/local/bin/fmsgetpasskey' does not exist

exit code 1

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? I have not yet uninstalled and reinstalled FMS, and would like to avoid that if possible. fmnet functions are working fine.

Thanks

• 1. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
          JeffHenry

I am experience this same issue. Mac Mini running Yosemite. Tried disabling and re-enabling SSL Certificate. No luck. Re-deployment provides me the same error.

Running a port scan in the Network Utility shows that Port 80 and Port 443 are no longer open.

I hope we can find a solution to this soon!

• 2. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
            mmagrath

I installed the FMS 14.04 updater

result was webdirect broken

FMS consoleadmin broken.

Uninstalled FMS 14

Installed with full software installer (went to filemaker support) got download software link for our licence.

WebDirect running again (export container even worked)

SSL not in use - so export container working but have to turn on SSL

Will give an update once SSL is turned on and web server restarted

• 3. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
              tcmeyers

duncanbaker,

Same problem here, web server not working after update 14.0.4, though database server and WPE supposedly are. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling 14.0.1 and reupdating, but same result unfortunately. Mac mini server, Yosemite, not installed: Apple's "Server" app. All was working much better 'til now with FMS 14.0.3

Troy

• 4. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                mmagrath

after running the full product install fms_14.0.4.412 and everything coming up OK including WebDirect and FMS Admin Console running, I enabled SSL :

after enabling SSL and adding the chain intermediate certificate line in httpd-ssl.config

copying the intermediate certificate back :

Admin Console "broken" again

WebDirect "broken" again

SO I guess the option for this particular server and installation so far seems to be either:

1. Run fms_14.0.4.412 full product install without SSL

OR

2. Run a previous version of FMS with SSL.

FYI - we are running a Mac Server with FM Pro Adv and WebDirect clients

• 5. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                  mmagrath

Another update in the saga of installation of update 14.04 and progress with problem with FMS WebDirect and SSL

1. Installed updates:
                  fms_updater_14.0.4.412.dmg (Server)
                  fm_updater_14.0.4.406.dmg (Client)

Upgrade completed - however

WebDirect broken

WebDirect - no connection Wan or LAN

(Note SSL was in use)

2. Uninstalled FMS 14

Installed Full Product version from download software link

fms_14.0.4.412.dmg

Installation successful.

Turned on SSL restarted

Admin Console not working at all

WebDirect - no connection Wan or LAN

3. Uninstalled FMS 14

Removed custom certificate from CStore and removed certificate chain line from http-ssl.config and removed custom server request and key permissions files from FileMaker server folder / subdirs

Installed Full Product version from download software link
                  fms_14.0.4.412.dmg

Installation successful.

Left SSL off

However the following interesting anomalies were found:

1. Safari, Firefox and Chrome web browsers all report a secure HTTPS connection complete with green padlock icon which when selected reveals the valid and trusted custom Geotrust TruebusinessID SSL certificate (the correct one too)

2. Filemaker Pro Advanced 14.04 reports a secure connection.

3. Using Data Viewer in FMPro Adv14.04 Get ( ConnectionState ) reports state 1 not encrypted (FileMaker Server with SSL disabled, or to a FileMaker Pro host)

Wondered if it could be the cache in the browsers "remembering" the good old SSL-days

Cleared web browser cookies, cache and history

Still came up with green padlock and secure connection.

So it appears WebDirect and Filemaker Pro clients connect using SSL, or at least "report" that

but the dataviewer picks up that FMS has actually got SSL turned off.

The SSL custom certificate is essentially uninstalled (unless I've left some remnant somewhere behind), as I removed all the files I installed during certificate installation and any changes to configs removed

I will leave the system as is and wait and see what happens with further fixes

• 6. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                    iconomydk

Same issue here. Mac Mini running Yosemite ( and nothing else )

FMS 14.03 updated to 14.04

Not possible to connect to the Admin Console after  ?????

• 7. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                      duncanbaker

I think I saw in another post last night that the IP address version of the admin console wasn't working after updating. I use the localhost version directly on the FMS machine and did not have any issues getting access.

• 8. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                        PointInSpace

FYI, updated a client machine running OS X 10.9.x and it all worked fine.  Running a custom SSL cert as well.

That said, maybe this issue is limited to Yosemite and El Capitan (10.10 + 10.11)?

- John

• 9. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                          JeffHenry

I don't believe it's limited to an OS. I believe there is something else affecting it. We've had one successful install on a Yosemite machine here, but two failed installs on other Yosemite machines. In another thread I read of a successful install in El Capitan, by uninstalling FMS from the Yosemite machine. Updating to El Capitan, then installing directly to 14.0v4 on the El Capitan.

I have a feeling it might be something with SSL like mmagrath stated. Our machine that successfully updated doesn't run with an SSL certificate, but our other two did.

Also FYI - If you need to revert back to 14.0v3. Uninstall 14.0v4. Install 14.0v1, then update to 14.0v2 and then update to 14.0v3. I found that jumping from 14.0v1 to 14.0v3 broke the Web Server as well.

• 10. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                            TSGal

All:

From these posts, it appears there is an issue.

To make sure the correct and complete information is reported, please let me know the SSL certificate each of you are using.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                              duncanbaker

Just the standard one for me as indicated by this when using WebDirect:

The standard FileMaker certificate is installed on this server. Some features of WebDirect will not function correctly. Please contact your system administrator to install a custom SSL certificate.

• 12. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                                JoelShapiro

Hi TSGal

This page says Min. Requirement for #FileMaker Server 14.0.4 is El Capitan. Can that be correct?? http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5677

I'm using the FMI cert for the dev server that had these problems.  (I originally posted at Re: FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 and FileMaker Server 14.0.4 updates now available )

-Joel

• 13. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                                  duncanbaker

I have managed to get my server back up and running with the web server working. As mentioned above, the full install file seems to work fine.

So, I uninstalled FMS 14.0.4 that had been updated from 14.0.3. See here for info on how to do this: How to install and uninstall FileMaker Server | FileMaker

I copied my Data folder to the desktop to be safe but the uninstall does not appear to remove your data.

I didn't reboot after that, just installed 14.0.4 using the full installer.

How to get the full installer rather than updater file? If you have a full license, contact FMI and they can give you a new download link. If you have a FDS license, last time I checked they had not updated the download link, but just change the numbers at the end of the download link to 14.0.4.414.

I'll report back if there are additional issues I come across, but for now it seems to be fully functional.

• 14. Re: FMS 14.0.4 update issue - Web Server greyed out
                                    tcmeyers

Joel,

Sure enough... too bad the release notes didn't make that clear! They simply say: "FileMaker Server 14.0.4 includes support for OS X El Capitan version 10.11" which did not say to me that it was exclusively for it.

TSGal, I'll report my configuration in the thread that is in the "Report An Issue" section.

Troy

1 2 3 4 Previous Next