4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 10:48 AM by gipsy

Find/Replace

gipsy

I created a field where I need to insert a word 100 times (100 records) How do I go about it?

• 1. Re: Find/Replace
          user19752

Here is place for talking about community. For making your question.

Discussions

You can make a record, enter a word, then duplicate it 99 times with ctrl+d

• 2. Re: Find/Replace
            steveromig

I created a field where I need to insert a word 100 times (100 records) How do I go about it?

Just to clarify...you have 100 records where you want to put "foo" in FieldA for all 100 records?

Sounds like you really want the "Replace Field Contents" feature in FileMaker Pro.  Here is what you need to do.

1. Perform a find on your data so you have a found set of the 100 records that you want to modify
            2. Make a change to one of the records - it does not matter which one in the found set you modify
            3. With the cursor still in that field, click RECORDS > REPLACE FIELD CONTENTS
            4. Choose the top option, "Replace with _____" with "_____" being what you entered in Step 2.
            5. Click REPLACE

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Find/Replace
              beverly

You may also wish to MOVE this topic to discussions, rather than feedback.

beverly

• 4. Re: Find/Replace
                gipsy

I tried the advice from Steve and it worked very good. I want to thank you for your willingness to help me out.

Best Regards