1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 3:06 PM by databuzz

FYI: Allow browser popup windows to Save Schedules & Groups in FMServer

JoelShapiro

Hi all

As more people are having to uninstall and reinstall FMServer 14 (see other threads), I thought I'd pass this along…

You need to Allow pop-up windows in your browser in order for the Admin Console to successfully save the settings.  (The Admin Console may show an alert that the settings have been saved even when they haven't.)

The file "fms14_settings.settings" should go to your browser's default Downloads folder.  Make sure it's there before uninstalling.

HTH,

-Joel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joel Shapiro

FileMaker Pro

: database design

: web development

http://jsfmp.com

415-269-5055

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 1. Re: FYI: Allow browser popup windows to Save Schedules & Groups in FMServer
          databuzz

I've made a few feature requests since the web based Admin Console was released with v13, one of them being to remove the requirement to enable popups to use most of the admin console menus. Given popups are disabled by default in most browsers and some (like Safari on Mac OS X) don't allow you to enable them on a per site basis it's annoying to have to enable them just to use the Admin Console menus. I"m now in the habit of using Chrome for the Admin Console which does allow me to enable the popups just for the Admin Console when I need to use them, but I'd be happy to see the back of the popups entirely.