4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 5:50 PM by Mike_Mitchell

Table Occurrences

TKnTexas

Sometimes I get confused with Table Occurrences.  I have a table of billing transactions, Table:  BilledTrans.  I have created a second TO, SOPItems. These table names are to match to the names in Great Plains.  The goal is to export from FileMaker to Great Plains to bill with our catalog billing.

Parent table:  SOPHeader

Child:            SOPItems

My confusion is limiting the scope of records.  I go to a search layout for SOPItems to pull just the records for the current month.  64/818, but on the Invoice layout I have the full 818.  And both layouts are based on SOPItems.  There are only 26 invoices for me to create import files.

Any insight to what I am overlooking?

• 1. Re: Table Occurrences
          ejannsen

When you say 64/818  What does that stand for? Are you trying to find only records for a certain month?

• 2. Re: Table Occurrences
            ejannsen

If you want to find records for a particular date range, enter find mode, enter your date field, type a valid start date followed by ... then enter a valid end date. Perform find.   It would look like this example:      10/01/2015...10/31/2015  This will find all records in that date range.

• 3. Re: Table Occurrences
              ejannsen

If you want to find records for a particular date range, enter find mode, enter your date field, type a valid start date followed by ... then enter a valid end date. Perform find.   It would look like this example:      10/01/2015...10/31/2015  This will find all records in that date range.

• 4. Re: Table Occurrences
                Mike_Mitchell

If you're switching between layouts based on the same TO in the same window and file, then they should have the same found set. Something else is going on. Check these possibilities:

1) Are there any Script Triggers that fire when entering the Invoice layout?

2) How are you switching layouts? Via a button? What does the button do, if so?

3) Be absolutely certain that the two layouts are based on the same table occurrence, not just the same table.