1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2015 2:57 AM by keywords

How to I create new student record on a weekly basis with a script and button

bootht

Hi,

I am a bit new to this discussion system.

I have created a lesson tracking points systems for my school that is based on the 'Invoices' starter solution.

It tracks the progress of pupils in each lesson throughout the week.Screenshot 1 .jpgScreen Shot 2.png

It consists of 4 tables - Students ( Customers), Products, Invoices, Invoice data

I have added in all the student names to the customer table

I have created 5 records in the products table - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Every week I create a 'new invoice' for each student and add in the 'Products'  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

The 'Invoice Data' table has Lesson 1 to Lesson 6 for each of the days and the calculations to total them.

So Monday has lesson 1 ,lesson 2 etc and the same to each day.

So in effect, I would create an invoice for 'Pupil A', with a date of 'Week 1' and allocate Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday , which would create each lesson for each day for that invoice.

My issue I need help with is I have to create a new record for each student on friday afternoon ready for the start of the following week. Is there a script/button that I can create to automatically create a new record for 'Week 2' for every student and that would then add in the 'Product' of Monday, Tuesday etc.

Please can anyone offer some advice.

Thank you so much

Tom