GeorgeChristiana

Surface Pro 4 / Windows 10 Unresponsive

Discussion created by GeorgeChristiana on Nov 16, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 by TSGal

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 and Filemaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4

OS and version:  Windows 10, with latest updates as of 11/15/2015, running on Surface Pro 4 (i5 with 8 g of ram).

Browser and version: n/a

Description: Filemaker becomes unresponsive / unusable (screen refresh lags and garbled screen).

How to replicate:  Open any solution, including packaged starter solutions.  Click a fewtimes on any tab or window.  Usually within the second or third click the issues start to happen.  On a few of my solutions, the first screen won't even load fully.

Workaround:  I read earlier threads regarding tablets and older versions of Windows which revolved around an issue of Windows tablet mode screen zoom.  I attempted to set my default zoom to 100% as recommended and that did not help.

Also worth mentioning is that the tool bar (file edit, etc..) is completely scaled wrong.  Too small and with no padding between items.  This happens in all zoom modes.

Screen shot taken after three clicks in the starter solution (Content Management) on a clean install of filemaker pro. Windows zoom set to 100%.   Notice the refresh that locked in place (over 5 minutes) on bottom right.  And sizing of inner window controls on upper right. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 9.13.45 AM.png

Outcomes