1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 10:13 AM by mikebeargie

Showing fields from multiple records on one image overlay

jvalley967

This is in FMP 11, but we have v14 if it's needed, just have not done the upgrade yet.

We want to take a building layout map and show certain data points on that map. Phone Extension that is assigned to that room is the current task, we may want to show other data at some point. The main trick that I'm stumbling on is displaying all of the data points at one time (for print, would also like to see it that way in a browse screen).

I have a field for room ID and another for phone extension. We can make more, make tables, whatever, I have a lot of flex on this. We have an existing employee table that we'll be relating back to this for phone extension. We may even take it another step to show where the employee is assigned, but for now our goal is to make the phone extensions display on the the building map, all at one time as well as individually.

There are 5 building layout maps.

Room numbers are specific to each building and are relatively static.

Phone Extensions are unique to each building and can change as to which room they are assigned (relatively static in practice).

My google-fu was poor the last few days as I have not found another example of this, but I'm sure it's out there.