2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 1:43 PM by fred@kca-inc.com

WebDirect Tabs Don't Show Properly

fred@kca-inc.com

FMP 13.  River theme.

This is kind of minor, but annoying.  See the 2 attached screen caps.  One is labeled FMP (desktop client) and the other WebDirect.  In FMP, the tabs show properly and you can tell which tab is active.  With WebDirect, the tabs function properly, but you cannot tell which tab is active.  The same exact database in each case.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: WebDirect Tabs Don't Show Properly
          TSPigeon

fred@kca-inc.com:

Thank you for your post.

I do see the issue in your screen shots. I am unable to reproduce this behavior with WebDirect on Safari, IE, or Chrome running FileMaker Server 14.0.4. To attempt to reproduce I followed these steps:

1. created Starter Solution "Research Notes.fmp12"

2. File > Sharing > Configure for FileMaker WebDirect...

3. Uploaded to FileMaker Server 14.0.4

4. Verified the file opened and the Tabs worked as expected.

5. With FileMaker Pro 14.0.4, changed the theme from "Vibrant" to "River"

6. Verified the file opened in WebDirect and the Tabs worked as expected.

You may see if this occurs in another file or another layout in the same file. Running Recover on the "problem file" may resolve any damage potentially giving you this issue. If you have any further information needed to reproduce, please let me know.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WebDirect Tabs Don't Show Properly
            fred@kca-inc.com

Interesting.  I appreciate you looking into this.  I thought it may be a 13 vs 14 issue so I uploaded the files to a FMS14 server.  Same issue. Still works properly on FMP under 14.

I ran "recover" on the App file.  Zero issues found.  This is a separate data/app file model.  Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Like I mentioned, this is pretty minor.  I may try another file sometime.