12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 8:53 PM by staffordavid

Sharing is off, but message comes up every time

staffordavid

This message comes up every time a file gets opened:Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 12.26.21 PM.png

"FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer."  (No other user on this computer uses FileMaker Pro at all.) I thought it might've been a problem with my old iMac, but now that I've got a new iMac and the problem is still there, I thought I'd see if anyone here could HELP(!). 

The message return "0" when I use Get(LastError)--which means, I think, that there is no error.    I've lived with it for months--it stops my scripts, but then I just dismiss it and go on, but it is annoying and confusing.

I did once set up sharing, but don't use the files that way anymore and sharing is now turned off (Network, IWP, and ODBC/JDBC) in each of the files that I use.  I'm using FMP 10, and I am now using OSX 10.11.1, but the problem has persisted through several OS updates.

What can I do to fix it so that the message does not interrupt my opening routines?

David