AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sharing is off, but message comes up every time

Question asked by staffordavid on Nov 17, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 by staffordavid

This message comes up every time a file gets opened:Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 12.26.21 PM.png

"FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer."  (No other user on this computer uses FileMaker Pro at all.) I thought it might've been a problem with my old iMac, but now that I've got a new iMac and the problem is still there, I thought I'd see if anyone here could HELP(!). 

The message return "0" when I use Get(LastError)--which means, I think, that there is no error.    I've lived with it for months--it stops my scripts, but then I just dismiss it and go on, but it is annoying and confusing.

I did once set up sharing, but don't use the files that way anymore and sharing is now turned off (Network, IWP, and ODBC/JDBC) in each of the files that I use.  I'm using FMP 10, and I am now using OSX 10.11.1, but the problem has persisted through several OS updates.

What can I do to fix it so that the message does not interrupt my opening routines?

David

Outcomes