AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simple scripts / formulas Help

Question asked by LesAteliersTurcotte on Nov 21, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 by LesAteliersTurcotte

Hello all,

I'd be extremely grateful if someone would show me how to do the following.

We have imported a database from Bento and I am trying to make it more user-friendly for Filemaker.

1) We used to have a field that showed a quality of the product. This was either 0 (no it does not have the quality) or 1 (yes it does). How do I conver the 1s and 0s to Yes and NO? I am so sure this is a simple calculation, I just am not able to find it.

I tried an IF function, but it says: "The specific field cannot be found"

This is the function I tried (using another field as the destination): If ( Reflective=1; YES  ; NO )

2) How can I create an editable database? Because we did a transfer from BENTO and a lot of things were organized differently, although we preserved the info (which is great!), I had to organize it a bit differently. For instance (someone helped me previously with this), I created a list of colours that an item had, instead of showing all the colours listed with 1 and 0s next to them (1=yes, 0=no). Just to clarify, we have an inventory of clothes. A skirt can have more than 1 colour.

So right now, I have a field showing a sum of all the colours previously listed as 1s or 0s, but I cannot edit this. I cannot add another colour in the field (evidently! since it's a calculation based on another information), I cannot edit those colours.

Is there a way to have a 2-way system? So I can edit this interface and the results would be changed in the original 1s and 0s imported?

Thank you SO much.

Outcomes