4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 10:32 AM by brodlang

FMPA Crash on Customize Toolbar

jsanders

FMPA 14.4

WIN 10 PRO 64 Build 10240

Right Click on Toolbar> Customize > Commands:  Try to drag "Duplicate" (or any other) command to toolbar:  Crash.

-J

• 1. Re: FMPA Crash on Customize Toolbar
          TSPigeon

jsanders:

Thank you for your post.

I was unable to reproduce this behavior with FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 (Advanced) on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit / Build 10240). To reproduce I added 20 items onto my toolbar from both the Customizable and Standard items. I did not experience a crash or inconsistency.

Have you had this issue when dragging items on the Toolbar in a new file?

If you have further information needed to reproduce, just let me know.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMPA Crash on Customize Toolbar
            jsanders

Crash does NOT occur when I open an empty file.

On further testing it seems the crash only occurs when modify the tool bar in a particular one of my hosted database, which I will shall cal "crash inducer". 

I can open another database hosted on the same server, modify the tool bar then close that DB and open "crash inducer" modified tool bar works fine, but any attempt to modify tool bar while open to crash inducer results in a FMPA locking up, customize window shows "Not Responding"

-J

• 3. Re: FMPA Crash on Customize Toolbar
              TSPigeon

J:

Thank you for your response.

Since the problem only occurs in a single file, I would recommend Recovering the "crash inducer" file. This will need to be done locally with a copy of FileMaker Pro 14. Recover will attempt to report and can sometimes even resolve damage in a database file. If you find that the file is damaged, you might check Knowledge Base Article #5421: What to do when your file is corrupt.

I hope this information is of use.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMPA Crash on Customize Toolbar
                brodlang

If your theme is "Cool Gray", try changing it to something else.  Worked for me.