2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 8:26 AM by malliaris

chart inquiry

malliaris

Greetings,

I am a new filemaker user. I have fm12. I am trying to create a chart and in that chart I wish to graph the scores from an individual patient that I see over time.

I am not sure which command to use. The problem is that I have many instances of that score - test from many different patients but I wish to chart only the score of a single patient at each time but across the many occasions that I've done the scoring.

I hope that makes some sense. Many thanks in advance.

Yanni

• 1. Re: chart inquiry
          jbrown

Good morning.

I recommend you start with this document: In-Depth: Charting

Charting is challenging to 'get', but once you do, it is an amazing tool.

You want to show the scores for one patient over time?  I recommend looking at the chart option "Related Records" or "Current Record" to get you started.

I use ExecuteSQL in my charts, as does many developers. Do you use the ExecuteSQL function at all?  If I were on a patient's layout, I'd use ExecuteSQL to return all the scores from that patient over time, as well as those dates. There's another thread here asking the very same question.

• 2. Re: chart inquiry
            malliaris

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I will have a look at the suggested document. I can code up to HTML so I haven't really considered more advanced scripting in filemaker.

It sounds that I should do exactly what you suggest...get their scores over time, and then chart them!

Thanks

Yanni