2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 11:55 PM by JeffJ

Printing multiple records, each with related records in another table?

JeffJ

I am modifying the "Print Invoice" function in the FileMaker Pro 11 starter solution "Invoices" to print a found set, rather than just the current invoice. Without including the entire script I will say that it script uses a "Go to Related Record [ From table: “Line Items”; Using layout: “Invoice Print” (Line Items) ] [ Show only related records ]" step to display the current record and it's related line items in preview mode. It then uses a "Print [ Records being browsed; All Pages; Orientation: Portrait; Paper size: 8.5" x 11" ] [ Restore: Default Printer ]" step to print the current record. How can I modify the script to print each found invoice and it's respective related line items as separate "jobs", including multiple page invoices with many related line items? Thanks

• 1. Re: Printing multiple records, each with related records in another table?
          keywords

Change the Print step in the script to print All records currently being browsed; it is probably currently set to Current record.

• 2. Re: Printing multiple records, each with related records in another table?
            JeffJ

Thank you but that very obvious method does not work when you are already printing RELATED records being browsed in a related table and then attempting to print those separately for each record in the primary table. As a matter of fact I have since written a very functional script that prints a found set in the primary as separate "jobs", each printing the records being browsed from a related table along with information from the primary record. I have one last hurtle to overcome. How can I get some form of "return" from the Print Setup[] script step that tells me if the user selected cancel on that dialog? I have tried the Get(LastError) and Get(LastMessageChoice) functions but they don't work for FileMaker dialogs. I will post this as a separate question as well.