Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 under Mac OS X 10.10.5 and Mac OS X 10.11.1. I currently don't have a Mac OS X 10.9.x computer available to me. This is what I have done:
1. I created a new database file (TestPaste.fmp12).
2. I created a Text field named "Text".
3. The default theme is Enlightened, and in Layout mode, I changed the default Text Color to a gray (sixth box from the left side), and named the Style "GrayText".
4. In Microsoft Word, I created a document that contains the following five lines (with the appropriate text colors):
This line is blue
This line is red
This line is black
This line is green
This line is yellow
5. I copied all five lines to the clipboard, switched to FileMaker Pro, added a record, and pasted in the text. The black text remained black.
Are you able to replicate the issue with a new file? Does this issue only occur when updating an older file to FileMaker Pro 14?
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
This happens using both TextEdit and Microsoft Word (if the colour is left as 'Automatic', not when selecting Word's black colour swatch). It seems FileMaker Pro and Pro Advanced are seeing the black text as having no colour styling and applying the field's colour styling instead. All other styling is honoured (font, font weight and size), it's just the colour that isn't. In Word, selecting the actual black colour (not leaving as 'Automatic') will paste in the black colour but I can't find a way with TextEdit.
I have a test file created in 14.0.4 on 10.10.3, with a TextEdit document and a Word document I can send to you.
If the colour is not set in Microsoft Word, then Microsoft Word will display the text in its default colour. When this is copied into FileMaker Pro, FileMaker will see the text without a colour and display the text in the default colour of the field.
Regardless, please send in all three files (test file, TextEdit, Word) that exhibit the issue. The private messaging feature of the Community appears to be having issues, so I have sent the instructions to our Technical Support contact. If you don't receive an email within 60 minutes, please let me know, and I'll make sure the instructions are sent to you immediately.