AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM11 file inaccessible on windows after upgrade to FM14

Question asked by iancoote on Dec 1, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 by jormond

We have a project management database which we need to update from FM11 to FM14. We are currently using FM Server 11 and will update in due course, but to test the database is all ok on both windows and mac before we make the change over I wanted to run a couple of tests. I've taken a copy of our database and updated it locally on a mac using FM14. I've been able to log in with my username and password and all seems to work as it should. I've then transferred the FM14 version of the file to a pc laptop running windows 11 and FM14, but when I try and log in (with exactly the same credentials) I get a FileMaker Pro dialogue box pop up saying "The account and password you entered cannot by used to access this file. Please try again." If I try again the same thing happens 9 out of 10 times. On a handful of occasions it has logged in and worked, but the next time I try the same thing happens again?

I thought I'd try and take the original FM11 file and update it on FM14 on the PC, the update works, but then the same thing happens again.

Can anyone offer any advice on this. It's stopping us from ugrading.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes