8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 10:00 AM by TSGal

FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly

hbecerra

We have a little "local" solution that have been running "smooth" since filemaker GO 12, later 13 and now 14, since we start using v14 (using data separation model 4 files 12 tables) when capturing data in a portal with script triggers that validate the input, the program not only quits in a permanent fashion but also in every new portal line we have to type twice the first letter, we removed the script triggers, choose different keyboards (its only numbers in the fields) also removed the commit after each record (in data separation model the calculations between tables don't refresh until committed) but the problem continues, we are using iPads mini (1, 2 and 3 all with iOS v9.1) and we decided to test back in FMGO 13 and everything worked perfectly again, any advice in what to look for ? any old kind of object to remove ? !

Just another annoyance is that in the iPad mini 1 and 2 the solution runs "nice" in GOv13 even with iOS 9.1 BUT in v14 its really worst than sloooow, in the iPad mini 3 the solution quits much less that in older models but also quits permanently

We have been incorporating themes and other v13, none v14 features (fortunately so we can go back to v13)

• 1. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
          TSGal

hbecerra:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments would like to see a copy/clone of your solution so they can determine why your symptoms are occurring.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
            nakizimbo

Hi, I am also having performance issues with Go14.  I have a inhouse solution that involves rapid data entry into a layout with many fields.  Solution created in v13, works perfectly in FMGO13 but the response time in FMG014 is far less  to the piont that I now need to use FMGO13. (There is a momentary pause after entering data, whilst some simple calculations are carried out via script).  If the user tries to input data in the next field it drops down to a field way down the set tab order.   I will add though that I am not a professional developer so my scripts and architecture may not be optimised...but what wroked well in 13 is not working well in 14.

• 3. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
              TSGal

nakizimbo:

Thank you for your post.

Without seeing your file, it is difficult to give you guidance what to look for.  If you want, I will take a look at the solution to determine why the performance is slower in FileMaker Go 14.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send your solution.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
                TSGal

nakizimbo:

I received your file.  Thank you.

Following your instructions, I used FileMaker Go 13 and FileMaker Go 14 on an iPad 3 running iOS 9.1.  In my test, the performance appears to be comparable.  Can you let me know what type of iOS device you are using as well as the version of iOS?  I will then try to replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
                  nakizimbo

Wow that was a quick response.  I am using a iphone 5 running ios9.1.  My colleague has the same issue with the same device and IOS9.1 as well.

I have just tried it on an iPad (3 I believe) using IOS9.1.  Much improved on that, as I did not get the keyboard dropping out but it did crash on me once.  Response time was perhaps slightly slower but the difference was not as great as is on the iphone.

Cheers

Brian

• 6. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
                    TorstenBernhard

I created a solution for data import and calculation that runs local on FMGo14.

On iPhone 5, iOS 9.1 it takes about 60 s to compute  a set of import data. The same dataset on iPhone 6 iOS 9.1 takes only 15 seconds. There's a significant difference in computing power between the devices. I did not test with FMGo 13.

• 7. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
                      TSGal

nakizimbo:

I currently don't have access to an iPhone 5, so I have sent your file and information to our Development and Testing teams for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker GO 14 quits unexpectedly
                        TSGal

nakizimbo:

One of our testers could not reproduce the issue on an iPhone 5.  The processing speed of the iPhone 5 dropped about the same number of characters for both FileMaker Go 13.0v9 and FileMaker Go 14.0.4.

I spent several minutes with the Tester using his devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPad Air, etc.).  I could reproduce the dropping of characters on the iPhone 5 (due to processor) for both FileMaker Go 13 and 14, and I could not drop any characters with the iPad Air.  While working with my iPad 3, I did encounter a crash when entering data, and the tester was able to pull of the crash report from my device.  This is now being evaluated, so I will let you know the results when they become available.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.