4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 7:40 AM by tays01s

Get ( RecordModificationCount )

tays01s

I've a series of related tables, each with a calc field Get ( RecordModificationCount ). I'm summing these to check for a change anywhere in the chain. It seems to work except for a table that contains >1 related record. In this instance only the first record's changes are counted.

How would I count changes in all the related records for that TO?

• 1. Re: Get ( RecordModificationCount )
          user19752

Sum(relatedTable::calcField)

• 2. Re: Get ( RecordModificationCount )
            tays01s

yes, I've used a calc:

Case(

XX::__uuID = YY::_IOuuID;Sum(TableY::recmodcount);0

)

However, I'm finding that merely moving between X records or activating a pop-up causes extra counts. This would mean the script I'm only wanting to trigger if there's been a change would always trigger.

Is there a way of tracking value changes?

• 3. Re: Get ( RecordModificationCount )
              user19752

I don't know what do you mean in "extra counts", though the calculation is "unstored", so every time you refer it, it will re-calculate, and you can't trigger anything by its value change. Script is riggered by user interaction.

I think you need to set the trigger to every layout for changing child records, or use some plug-in for run script on calculation.

If you are using onRecordLoad trigger to check change, you can save the value to another field and compare it with current value.

• 4. Re: Get ( RecordModificationCount )
                tays01s

The problem was that there were a couple of fields I'd not thought about changing (therefore increasing the count) each time I switched record, even though nothing within the record had changed.

For anyone summing recordmodificationcounts, consider carefully which records you want summed or that might be modified.