AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM14 WebDirect repeated crashing of web server

Question asked by thornburg on Dec 3, 2015
Latest reply on May 14, 2018 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker Server 14 (all versions to date)

OS and version Windows Server 2012 R2

Browser and version Google Chrome latest version, Safari (iPad only), latest version

Description

I've already got a call into support on this, but it has (quite frustratingly) gone silent.

Is anyone else still experiencing crashes of the web server in a two server configuration utilizing Web Direct?

The FileMaker service on the web server will just stop, with a very simple error in the log (saying the service stopped).

Our web server for this project is dedicated to this purpose, and does not run anything else except FileMaker Server.

Restarting the service will bring it back for some time.  Restarting server seems to give more time, but I haven't gathered enough data to be sure (because I've just stuck with rebooting the whole server after deciding it seemed to work better).

We've been installing updates about two weeks after they come out, except that this problem has gotten bad enough I'm now only waiting 24-48 hours.

To be clear, the FileMaker Database Server keeps running, and shows nothing of use in any logs.  Access by the FileMaker Pro application still works fine.

Web Direct connections get the message "Take note of any unsaved data. Then close the web browser window and contact the FileMaker Server administrator".

How to replicate

Run a two-server FMS 14 Web Direct deployment in an active environment

Message was edited by: Robert Thornburg

Outcomes