c0nsilience

FileMaker 14 Certification - exam jitters

Discussion created by c0nsilience on Dec 3, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 by Extensitech

I will be sitting for the exam in a little over a week and I sort of have the feeling that my head is going to explode!

In all seriousness, I know it isn't proper to really discuss the Developer Essentials exam, so be vague in your replies, but where you nervous at all?

I've built in FM since version 12 and use it daily, so quite a bit of my learning has been via real life hands-on development experience.  Although, I'm no stranger to the FTS and I've read my fair share of In Depth and Best Practices PDF's, I'm still fairly cloudy on the "rote memorization tech specs that you don't learn through intuition" aspect of it.  In high school and college, I always excelled at Blue Book-style essay exams and did decent at the multiple choice exams, although, they weren't my favorite.

At DevCon 2015, I did attend  Cris Ippolite's Preparing for FileMaker Certification session and have gone though his recommended reading list extensively, but I didn't really knuckle down with studying until a few weeks ago.  I am a little fearful that I haven't given myself enough time to properly digest the sheer amount of information that is available.

Any axioms, thoughts, feelings, opinions on the topic from those of you who've sat through it or will be sitting through it soon?

Outcomes