8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 12:44 AM by Suresh

Filemaker hangs when opening a file or creating a new one

Goldo91

Hello, I've got latest release of FMPro Advanced, duly registered. Everything worked perfectly fine, BUT

After having let it run for quite a while, the filemaker window had disappeared although it coud be seen in the task bar and also I can see filemaker running in task manager. I am running Windows 10.

When I try to toggle between Windows with Alt Del, I can see a FM window but it seems empty and when I try to activate it, nothing happens.

Restarted, tried again: I lauch FMPro alone, the window to open the files opens properly, but as soon as I select a file or even create a new one to avoid opening a potentially corrupted file, the same symptoms occur.

Did deinstall, reboot, reinstall: same thing occurs.

Do not know what to do. Could it be that my Windows 10 would have been performing some update that would be conflicting with FMPro ? Could it be that having kept it opened for long generated a tmp file or whatever that stucks it and does not get rid by deinstall/reinstall ?

If anybody has faced the same issue or has any clue what the root cause could be, I would really appreciate. I ma going to call the support (I am a newbie, I think you only can call them, no ticket logging ?

Thx for your attention and any help