AnsweredAssumed Answered

Locked and Hidden Status Toolbar can be shown on Mac with workaround - any way to avoid?

Question asked by connectsolutions on Dec 7, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 by coltom

If you Hide toolbars (either by script or at File Option level in v14), you can right click (or control-click) on the window title bar, choose 'Icon and Text' and you effectively show the Status toolbar again. Locking the Hide doesn't' help either.

Seems to be Mac Only - and affects at least FM11 - 14 and at least OS 10.9 - 11

I've found no way of getting around this and unless I can find a way prevent it happening, then I have to fundamental re-think some of the ways we do access and UX control in our solutions.

As a workaround, the only thing I can think of is to put a Trigger on each layout change/load to detect if it is shown and hide it again (and possibly take the user to a control layout - ie. Home/dashboard), as well as hiding all layouts from view and making sure all toolbar button functionality is restricted with Custom Menus (which does work).

Hiding all the layouts is a pain from a development point of view though - and having script and triggers everywhere feels clunky.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Any ideas welcome?

Outcomes