12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 8:23 AM by coltom

Locked and Hidden Status Toolbar can be shown on Mac with workaround - any way to avoid?

connectsolutions

If you Hide toolbars (either by script or at File Option level in v14), you can right click (or control-click) on the window title bar, choose 'Icon and Text' and you effectively show the Status toolbar again. Locking the Hide doesn't' help either.

Seems to be Mac Only - and affects at least FM11 - 14 and at least OS 10.9 - 11

I've found no way of getting around this and unless I can find a way prevent it happening, then I have to fundamental re-think some of the ways we do access and UX control in our solutions.

As a workaround, the only thing I can think of is to put a Trigger on each layout change/load to detect if it is shown and hide it again (and possibly take the user to a control layout - ie. Home/dashboard), as well as hiding all layouts from view and making sure all toolbar button functionality is restricted with Custom Menus (which does work).

Hiding all the layouts is a pain from a development point of view though - and having script and triggers everywhere feels clunky.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Any ideas welcome?