11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 8:37 AM by jml

Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?

jml

After updating FMPA to 14.0.4 from 14.0.3 on OS X 10.11.1 (and now OS X 10.11.2), the Web Viewer is not working as in 14.0.3.

Specifically:

• Go to Object [ Object Name: "abc" ], where "abc" is the object name of a Web Viewer,  now gives error message 3 in the Script Debugger

• Set Web Viewer [ Object Name: "abc" ; URL: $variable ] with the option "Go to URL…" is not displaying any data.  ($variable has not changed.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jon

• 1. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
          Benjamin Fehr

Did this script work with FMP 14.0.3?

Do you succeed when set a 'commit' task after SetVar?

Any WebViewer operations are based on Mac OS Safari Webkit which might have changed with Update Mac 10.11.2. Does the URL according to your $Var work within Safari Webbrowser? (usually the first test I do when WV failed)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
            jml
            Did this script work with FMP 14.0.3?

Yes

Do you succeed when set a 'commit' task after SetVar?

I tried a Refresh Object to no avail but did not try a commit.  Will try this next.

Any WebViewer operations are based on Mac OS Safari Webkit which might have changed with Update Mac 10.11.2. Does the URL according to your $Var work within Safari Webbrowser? (usually the first test I do when WV failed)

The script works on OS X 10.11.1- 2 using FMPA 14.0.3.  I tried setting the Web Viewer address directly with the contents of $variable using FMPA 14.0.4 but it did not work.   I will try using Safari browser directly next.

Thanks very much for your suggestions, efficientbizz!

Jon

• 3. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
              Benjamin Fehr

keep on mind that everything that works in Safari is also supposed to work with FMP WebViewer.

With Mac OS updates, some changes with internet connections might occur. If href fails when hardcoded in WV as you described, I bet it will fail with Safari browser as well. If though, the issue should be Mac OS related and solution to be found with  Mac OS Network Preferences.

Good luck.

on a side note:

- any proxy involved?

- Firewall?

- port conflict?

• 4. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                jml

Safari is returning blank too so you win your bet .  This would indicate a change to the Webkit or $variable.

on a side note:

- any proxy involved?

- Firewall?

- port conflict?

Everything is local.

The Go to Object[] is resolved when I check the  "Allow interaction with web viewer content" option.  So this is a red herring.

• 5. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                  Benjamin Fehr

This would indicate a change to the Webkit or $variable.

I would rather focus on Mac OS Network Preferences.

Is Firewall ON? => deactivate for tests

What is the href like? https? Any syntax error in the href?

I'ld recommend tests in Safari with variations

- http://myWebsite.com

- http://www.myWebsite.com

- www.myWebsite.com

• 6. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                    jml

No, I don't think it is Network related.  the href is "file:///Volumes/…/……… and references a local HTML file.

• 7. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                      Benjamin Fehr

Can any TS give some insights?

I think something must be wrong with the path anyway.

jml

put any picture file in same directory, right click the file and select 'Open with …' Safari.

check the given href in Safari Browser

• 8. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                        jml

Sorry for the delayed reply.  (I had to clear the cobwebs out of my brain…aka sleep )

put any picture file in same directory, right click the file and select 'Open with …' Safari.

check the given href in Safari Browser

The href to the .png is shorter and displayed the picture.  I tried the same test using the original href and it also displayed the  picture.  So the path must be correct.  The HTML file shows up blank in Safari using either the short or original href.  There was no error message.  There has been no change to the code that forms that file in years.

Thank you, efficientbizz, for your time and effort on this!

Jon

• 9. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                          jml

I found my problem.  It turns out to be self-inflicted.

At about the time that I updated to 14.0.4, I also turned off the Adobe Flash plug-in in Safari.

Many thanks to efficientbizz for prodding me towards the solution.

• 10. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                            Benjamin Fehr

to sum up our experiences: what type of file is it you use in WebViewer?

Pictures, PDF's and most of multimedia files would not require Flash Plug In.

• 11. Re: Any Web Viewer issues reported in FMPA 14.0.4?
                              jml

It's a third-party, animated, charting package based on HTML.  It obviously requires Flash for the animation.  Since Flash has become a potential security risk, I will be replacing it.