Thank you for your post.
We do have some known issues with Script Workspace causing crashes. Could you provide the following information?
- Does the issue occur in new database files or newly created Starter Solutions?
- Does it occur when closing Script Workspace with unsaved script, then reopening Script Workspace?
- Does the problem persist after an uninstall and reinstall of FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 (Advanced)?
I look forward to your response!
I am having a similar issue only my Script Workspace crashes when I try to rename a script. My database was created from a Starter Solution. This only happens when trying to rename. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue persists. I am using Filemaker Pro 14.
I also get crash when saving scripts. The file has 80 scripts and largest table +50.000 rows. I do have other files but started to get instability when I continued development on this reported file.
I have other files with much larger tables and also several scripts but I don't know if these also are unstable.
Win 10 64bit and FMP Adv. 14.0.4
Filemaker Server 184.108.40.2062 on iMac, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
Seams to crash after save is done. When reopening the file all script steps and/or script renaming are there.
Updates and renaming to old scripts survey the crash (after saving) . "New Script" also is there after the crash when reopening but the name and added scrip steps don't survey so the script is empty.
After renaming the new script and saving FileMaker Pro Advance will crash. But when reopening all scrip changes will be there.
I am working on a file that I have on our FileMaker Server (in our office). Shall try to work on the same file but locally on my PC.
Same problem locally on my PC, Win 10 with FMP Adv. 14.0.4
Did recover the file and it seams to help. Did also reinstall the FM Server so lets see if the problems still continue.
Before reinstalling the server the Admin password did not work. But i was able to open the file with all rights. Did test against a local copy of the same file. Here the admin password did work.
I have years of professional developer experience with FileMaker 1986-2002 but turned later to php and mysql. Now testing how FMP is working and I am supriced of these problems.
Add me to this list....
Here are some additional details that may help with debugging....
Dell Inspiron 5000 Series Laptop with Touch Screen
Win10, 64 Bit
Filemaker 14.04 (it installed itself as 32-bit application)
In a database file I've been editing in Filemaker 13 for years.
Duplicating a script.
Even without changing script contents, as soon as I save the renamed the script, it crashes the application every time..
1. We have (2) identical Inspiron Laptops with the same Windows & Filemaker 14.04 and both crash the exact same way.
2. I moved file around so tried to run from our fileserver or from the laptop doing the work, and it crashes the same way regardless of file location.
3. I can take the same file and fortunately I still have a Filemaker 12 on an old office workstation and I can edit that database file no problem with that version of software.
1. It's not the network as I've moved file to local machine for testing.
2. It's not the database file as I can complete the same script edits in an older version of Filemaker (12).
3. So it appears to be a FileMaker 14.04 specific bug, perhaps with these laptops? Or because it completed a 32-bit install on a 64-bit Windows 10?
Just an update....
Had 10 minutes this afternoon.
I uninstalled the 32-bit version of FileMaker and got the 64-bit into the laptop (it now shows as 64-bit and 14.04).
No difference in the bug.
Exact same symptoms.
If you try to change a script name, as soon as you hit "Save Script" it stops responding, crashes and closes.
Ah....I just caught something. Old laptops were all running Windows 7 Professional.
Both laptops we just installed to appear to be Windows 10 Home, when the System Requirements do specify Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.
Will run Windows 10 upgrade tonight to see if that resolves the issue.
Thank you for your patience.
I was unable to reproduce this behavior with FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 (Advanced) 32 or 64 bit on the latest updates of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (v1511, build 10586.36). In an attempt to reproduce I followed these steps:
1. Created "test.fmp12"
2. Created a 20 line script with various script steps
3. Duplicated the script 264 times (for a total of 265 scripts)
4. Exited Script Workspace, saving changes
5. Opened Script Workspace and changed a script name, repeated step 4.
6. Changed Script Name and reverted changes when closing Script Workspace
6. Opened Script Workspace and duplicated script, repeated step 4
7. Opened Script Workspace and deleted several script steps from several scripts (tried closing and saving changes as well as reverting changes)
I was unable to create a crash in any of these situations. Please let me know if I could retrieve a file that replicates the issue.
By the way, my apologies....I got tied up last night and was unable to complete the Win10 Pro Update.
Will process over weekend and then post test results.
Happened to me yesterday, working on WAN over VPN
mac os x 11.2, FMPa 14v4
Same problem here. Not sure how I can get any work done at all when it crashes every time I rename a script. Argh!!!
I haven't had time to investigate much but it isn't happening on a new file that only has 4 or 5 scripts. It IS crashing on script title change on an older file that is 1 gig and was originally started in v7. No problems with the file otherwise. This happens on 3 different PCs running windows 10 64bit and Filemaker Adv ver 14.0.4 64 bit
Anyone have a workaround so I can continue developing a new solution? This is a show stopper!