1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 9:21 AM by TSGal

Temporary Missing Record in Client that Created Record

jayivan

I'm having an issue where a user creates a record in a table, the total record count and doesn't increase, and show all records will exclude this newly created record. Other connected users see the total record count increase.

For example, let's say I have a table of Widgets. There are 1,000 records, and the last ID number is 1000. I create a new widget, and see the ID number is 1001. However, the total record count is still 1,000. I press show all records, and record 1001 disappears, and the last record in the system is ID of 1000 according to my client. If I press show omitted only, I don't see my omitted record with ID of 1001. If I do a find for ID 1001, I do find my record. Other connected users see that there are a total of 1,001 records, and do not have this issue. This problem is intermittent, and impacts multiple users. Reconnecting to the database resolves the issue.

Obviously this is worrying since it opens up the potential that a client is not fully reading the contents of the hosted database. Is there some kind of aggressive client caching involved that is leading the client to not refresh its information? Is there another possible way to make sure this doesn't happen? Casual users are unlikely to know that a record they just created may get missed in any reports or database actions they run. Requiring a reconnect to a database after adding a new record is not an acceptable workaround.

FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 on Mac OS X 10.10.5 connecting via the LAN to FileMaker Server 14.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

• 1. Re: Temporary Missing Record in Client that Created Record
          TSGal

jayivan:

Thank you for your post.

Does this issue only occur for one client?  Does this client have any special FileMaker access privileges?

If the client moves to a different layout based on a different table and then returns to the original layout, does the information then display?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.