2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 1:16 PM by keywords

Color text in Show Dialog box

MikeWile

I would like a warning in a Show Dialog Box to be colored red. Is color allowed in Show Dialog?

I created the warning as a variable. I inserted the variable into the dialog box but it remained black.

Further along I had the script put the variable into a field and it was red.

• 1. Re: Color text in Show Dialog box
          steveromig

I would like a warning in a Show Dialog Box to be colored red. Is color allowed in Show Dialog?

I created the warning as a variable. I inserted the variable into the dialog box but it remained black.

Further along I had the script put the variable into a field and it was red.

I assume you you mean a dialog generated from the Show Custom Dialog script step.  If so, you can have any color text you want as long as it is black. 

If color is important, what you could do is make your own dialog box using the New Window script step with the Dialog Window option and any other options you want.  Then you could make your dialog look anyway you want - including the use of text color.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Color text in Show Dialog box
            keywords

"any color text you want as long as it is black"

Thank you Henry Ford!