Product and version Filemaker Pro 14.0.4
OS and version Windows 10
Description When trying to rename a script in the script workspace the program crashes. I have run a recover and also reinstalled but no luck.
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 14.0.4 under Windows 10. Here are the steps I took:
1. I created a database file "Test.fmp12" with one Text field "Name".
2. I added one record and enter into Name: TSGal
3. I went into Script Workspace, and created a script "Test" with one script step "Set Variable".
4. I created a second script "Test2" with one script step "Set Variable".
5. I saved both scripts.
6. I selected "Test" and change the name to "Test3", and saved the script.
7. I exited Script Workspace.
First, let me know if I am missing any step.
Is this a hosted or local file? Do you have access to another computer? If so, take the file to the other computer and see if a crash occurs.
Keep me updated with any progress.
FYI.....I'm having the exact same issue.
Dell Inspiron 5000 Series Laptop with Touch Screen
Win10, 64 Bit
Filemaker 14.04 (it installed itself as 32-bit application)
In a database file I've been editing in Filemaker 13 for years.
Duplicating a script.
Even without changing script contents, as soon as I save the renamed the script, it crashes the application every time..
1. We have (2) identical Inspiron Laptops and both crash the exact same way.
2. I moved file around so tried to run from our fileserver or from the laptop doing the work, and it crashes the same way regardless of file location.
3. I can take the same file and fortunately I still have a Filemaker 12 on an old office workstation and I can edit that file no problem with that version of software.
1. It's not the network as I've moved file to local machine for testing.
2. It's not the database file as I can complete the same script edits in an older version of Filemaker (12).
3. So it appears to be a FileMaker 14 specific bug, perhaps with these laptops?
Hello to all
I have exact the same issue under Windows 10, when I am trying to create and save a new script.
Than FM Pro / Pro Advanced crashes. If I do changes in existing scripts, everything is fine.
And this seemed not effected, when i start with an empty Filemaker Database file.
All those i've tested under Mac OS/Win 7, single/Server etc. There is no problem.
In my case the crash is unique to FM and Windows 10 (included actual MS updates)
Workaround: Creating a new script from the Dialog out of layout mode, it works without crash.
After that you can edit and save it in script Workspace area.
Hope it will help you
Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
Our Development and Testing teams would like to see a copy of your file to determine why it is crashing consistently. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.
Like forum member "stilllearning", Development and Testing would like to look at a copy/clone of your solution to determine why creating and saving a new script crashes. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.
I've had the same problem running FMPA 14.4 on Windows 10. A bit sporadic, but frequent enough I'd qualify it as a bug. Don't remember having the issue before updating to FMPA 14.4 but not sure.
Most consistently occurs if I duplicate a script, make some changes (including the name), then try to save.
Development and Testing are aware of a crash issue when renaming a script in the Script Workspace under Windows 10. From reading the notes, it appears this occurs where there is an expanded script folder that is not located at the top of the scripts pane. There are some additional notes about a vertical scroll bar being present in the scripts pane, but those results are inconclusive.
Can anyone clarify if this reported issue is consistent with your findings?
I had the same problem and found out that FM crashes when saving a script (or renaming in the left panel) while the left panel has a scrollbar (which often happens when a folder is opened) and the scrollbar is scrolled so far down that five or more scripts/folders/dividers are not visible at the top of the list. Whether a folder is open or the panel has a scrollbar because there are many scripts that aren't in a folder as well as the position of said folder in the list appear not to affect the problem directly.
It is therefore possible to avoid the crash by scrolling the left panel up before saving or renaming a script.
Your crashing is consistent with what was reported to Development and Testing. I have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.
The crashing when renaming a script or script folder has been addressed with FileMaker Pro 14.0.5.
FileMaker Pro 14.0.5 and FileMaker Pro 14.0.5 Advanced Updater Release Notes | FileMaker
Retrieving data ...