3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 12:21 PM by mikebeargie

Web direct can't connect after 2-3 days

kasenofonte

Hi

I have to different databases with users using through web direct.  Not many at the moment.  Have FM server 14 on a mac mini,  For the past 2 months, after 2-3 days, users no longer can get to database. They only way to fix this is to restart the server, which I can't do until later at night with others on using other databases on FM.

Anyone else having this problem and/or have solutions.  This is consistently happening every 2-3 days.

Thanks

Kathy

• 1. Re: Web direct can't connect after 2-3 days
          mikebeargie

have you tried restarting the web publishing engine itself via command line? That doesn't require you to reboot the database engine and kick off your other filemaker users.

FMSADMIN RESTART WPE

in the terminal app.

As for the errors, do your users disconnect properly or are they closing out the tabs? I've been tracking an error that I believe is caused by "orphaned" sessions that clog up the RAM cache and eventually cause a memory leak.

Also, how many concurrent connections do you run and what is the hardware of your mac mini? I've found that more and more, the mac mini just isn't the right hardware for webdirect. Most webdirect configs recommend a quad core processor, which none of the mac minis have.

• 2. Re: Web direct can't connect after 2-3 days
            kasenofonte

Thanks, I will check to see if there is a "log off" button.  For the moment, maybe only 1-2 users on each database at a times.

I have not tried the web publishing restart, will try next time,

Thanks

• 3. Re: Web direct can't connect after 2-3 days
              mikebeargie

You can add a button to your solution that uses the exit application script step that will allow them to log off gracefully.