2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 9:41 AM by rporter

FM Solution Login/Password

rporter

We are in the process of setting up the server trial of FM 14.  I am running FMPro14 on laptop.   I have attempted to upload my solution to the server. (having issues currently)

I have the Solution File>Options set for NO login.  Why does it keep asking me to login when I open the file on my desktop?  Regardless of the server working as this is not hosted yet.

Is the login/password a default when I attempted to upload?  Can this be shut off?  At least for testing purposes.

The server admin I'm working with now has to enter the creds to open the file every time.

Thank you

• 1. Re: FM Solution Login/Password
          steveromig

We are in the process of setting up the server trial of FM 14.  I am running FMPro14 on laptop.   I have attempted to upload my solution to the server. (having issues currently)

I have the Solution File>Options set for NO login.  Why does it keep asking me to login when I open the file on my desktop?  Regardless of the server working as this is not hosted yet.

Is the login/password a default when I attempted to upload?  Can this be shut off?  At least for testing purposes.

The server admin I'm working with now has to enter the creds to open the file every time.

Thank you

All FileMaker Pro files are password protected.  For example, a new FileMaker Pro file will have a username as "Admin" and a blank password.  Furthermore, the file will be set to automatically log in using these default credentials.  So, on the surface it doesn't look like a new FileMaker Pro solution has a username / password but in fact it does and is being automatically entered for you.

You'd need to (re-) enable the auto-login feature under File Options of your solution in order to not be prompted for a username and password.  You can hold down the Option (OS X) or Alt (Windows) to be prompted to enter in a username and password on a file that has auto login enabled.

Furthermore, if you encrypted the file using FileMaker Pro Advanced, you will still be prompted for your de-encryption password if you are opening the file locally and not from FileMaker Server.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Solution Login/Password
            rporter

Perfect Thanks

I must have turned it off.