AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use Filemaker as robust Personal CRM system

Question asked by SteveBrehaut on Dec 15, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 by disabled_user28297

I’m in need of a more robust Contact Manager. The Mac Contact DB does not allow enough customization.

I envision using Filemaker to be a Master Dataset to the Mac Contact List (maybe it replaces it)

Mac Contact - min dataset < — > FM 14 - master dataset

Data updates coming from user or from 3rd party apps like Circleback, Linkedin, Twitter, etc...

External App Access desired:

Linking to Omnifocus from a record (Tasks)

Linking to Evernote Notes/Notebooks from a record (Research Notes)

Open Contacts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc page from record field

Access Phone from a record

Access Map from a address

etc..

In general I’m trying to find a good place (FM?) to put all of my sources of current truth about a contact. Then do some fancying sorting. And of course be able to do searches using Filemaker Go. I.e. show me all the People in my Contact list that Play golf and live in Silicon Valley. Facebook searching seems pretty good there, but not really tied to my contact list.

BTW In the past I’ve found the note's fields to be limited, either truncated or not be able to support hyperlinks, pics etc… I hope that has been fixed. Evernote I hold as the Gold Standard on Note encapsulation - anything goes there.

I appreciate any advice or comments you can make. I need to know most of this works now in FM, what's possible.

Thanks

Outcomes