3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 11:02 AM by gobazz

scrolling large text fields

gobazz

On my Records I have one large text field for entering a lo of information.   When I access the record I have an issue scrolling the text within this text field.  Is the only solution to m are the field layout larger  ?

• 1. Re: scrolling large text fields
          steveromig

Garvin Bazzell wrote:

On my Records I have one large text field for entering a lo of information.   When I access the record I have an issue scrolling the text within this text field.  Is the only solution to m are the field layout larger  ?

Perhaps you could incorporate a popover on your layout so that you don't need to actually resize your layout.  The Popover could take up a majority of layout for those time when you need the extra space to enter in data.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: scrolling large text fields
            gobazz

Thank you Steve for responding to my inquiry.   Challenge ?  How do I create a Popover on my layout.  Would it pop up every time I went to enter data in that text field.     Thanks again   Best Wishes,    G. Boyce Bazzell (Bazz)

• 3. Re: scrolling large text fields
              gobazz

Thanks again, sounds like a great idea.  I would have the entire screen visible  <smile>    Best Wishes,    ( Bazz )