2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 7:52 AM by steveromig

FileMaker won't open

dmcudd

Ran into a very odd problem last night and have no idea what's going on or how to resolve it.  Running FM-10 on Win7, and when I open up the program, I get the tab down in the tray that shows that it's open, but it won't display the window.  Nothing happens when I click on it.  When I Alt-Tab over to the application, again, it does nothing.  The tab shows the name of the file, so it appears to open up and run, just won't display.

anyone ever see anything like this before?   The machine is not new (obviously) and could be a bit buggy, but other than this, nothing else weird going on.  I tried a couple of reboots and then reinstalled from CD, still nothing

I'm sunk if I can't figure this out.  I'm a huge FMP fan, and have used it for 20+ years, from desktop publishing to mission control at NASA.  But this is pretty scary, not to mention frustrating

• 2. Re: FileMaker won't open
          steveromig

Ran into a very odd problem last night and have no idea what's going on or how to resolve it.  Running FM-10 on Win7, and when I open up the program, I get the tab down in the tray that shows that it's open, but it won't display the window.  Nothing happens when I click on it.  When I Alt-Tab over to the application, again, it does nothing.  The tab shows the name of the file, so it appears to open up and run, just won't display.

anyone ever see anything like this before?   The machine is not new (obviously) and could be a bit buggy, but other than this, nothing else weird going on.  I tried a couple of reboots and then reinstalled from CD, still nothing

I'm sunk if I can't figure this out.  I'm a huge FMP fan, and have used it for 20+ years, from desktop publishing to mission control at NASA.  But this is pretty scary, not to mention frustrating

A similar thread recently popped up.  See if any of the suggestions here help.

Filemaker launchs but dosent show on screen!!

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.