thor24

Script action varies

Discussion created by thor24 on Dec 20, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 by siplus

Hi

I have a script within a portal. An action button is on each line and it runs a script that copies the record ID of that entry in the related file then creates an action using the data from within that record. It works fine , however when this button is selected on the 4th and 5th lines of the portal, a large white field comes up on the screen ( the record ID field is very small) with the cursor flashing expecting an entry to be made. If I select the 'entry' key a message appears indicating "This action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable". If I insert a pause script command and work through each portal line activating the script, apart from the 4th and 5th lines, the script properly selects the appropriate record ID. This action is the first line of the script which requires the record ID to be copied. I've checked on the portal file and a record ID is there. I've shown the record ID in the portal to ensure it is there. My concern is why does this action not work on the 4th and 5th lines of the portal when it works on the 1,2,3,6,7,8 & 9 lines.

A real mystery to me.

Outcomes