4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 5:58 AM by mikebeargie

fields in the bottom of the page?

PhilippeManning

What is the procedure to display a sum of numbers from the same fields in the bottom of the page?

Quelle est la procédure pour afficher une somme de nombre provenant du même champs dans en bas de page?

Philippe

• 1. Re: fields in the bottom of the page?
          Extensitech

This is a bit unclear. Do you mean:

• The sum of several different fields (a calculated field that is fielda + fieldb + fieldc...)
          • The sum of a repeating field (a calculated field that is sum ( repeating field) )
          • The sum of one field, in a set of found records (a summary field that is total of fielda)
          • The sum of one field in related records or a portal ( a calculated field that is sum (related::fielda), or show a summary field from the related table occurrence that is similar to the prior bullet item)

There are more. Perhaps I hit on whichever one you mean? Either way, some more details will help us help you.

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 2. Re: fields in the bottom of the page?
            PhilippeManning

The sum of all value of one field from each entry, is better like question 

• 3. Re: fields in the bottom of the page?
              Extensitech

It could be, but I think there may be a language barrier here. I'm sorry, my French is so terrible I wouldn't subject you to it.

By "entry" do you mean a record? As in, "the same field from all records in the found set"? If so, that would be a summary field.

• The sum of one field, in a set of found records (a summary field that is total of fielda)

Assuming I'm still misunderstanding, there are a large number of (good) French speakers here on the forum, though. I think I saw recently, for instance, that mikebeargie answered a few questions in French. Perhaps asking your question in French might be more clear?

Sorry I'm not more help.

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 4. Re: fields in the bottom of the page?
                mikebeargie

pretty sure this is what he was looking for:

• The sum of one field, in a set of found records (a summary field that is total of fields)

But my French isn't the best.

PhilippeManning :

Si vous cherchez à une liste d'enregistrements, vous voulez voir un total d'un champ, correct?

Par exemple: si vous avez une liste d'achats, vous voulez voir la valeur d'achat totale?

Pour cela, vous voulez créer un type de champ de résumé dans le tableau, comme le total de la somme, et le lieu qui importe où sur votre mise en page, comme l'en-tête ou de pied de page.