5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 9:00 AM by user9259

PopOver Scroller doesn't appear

user9259

So I have a pop over that has a slide control inside and the scroller does not appear. However the scroller does appear with the same content without a slide control. Is this correct? Or am I missing something in the settings.?

• 1. Re: PopOver Scroller doesn't appear
          steveromig

Michael Wood wrote:

So I have a pop over that has a slide control inside and the scroller does not appear. However the scroller does appear with the same content without a slide control. Is this correct? Or am I missing something in the settings.?

Not sure I follow.  Not sure what you mean by "scroller"  A text field with a scroll bar?  Something else?

You can certainly have a slide control inside a popover object.  And the same slide control should function the same way whether it is inside a popover object or a separate layout object on your layout.

If a slide control is not displaying properly within a popover object, I'd make sure that the slide control itself is completely within the bounds of the popover object.  If even a little of it is hanging off the edge of the popover object it likely will not display as you expect it to.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PopOver Scroller doesn't appear
            user9259

thanks steve,

Not field scroll...So I am talking about the ability to scroll down the popover...So there may be fields that are not visable, and a scroll control will appear and the user can mouse wheel down the pop over. I hope this is more clear

• 3. Re: PopOver Scroller doesn't appear
              jbrown

As I understand scrolling in Popovers, they function like the new feature in portals: hovering over the popover will enable the scrolling via the mouse wheel.

I'm not sure I've ever seen it in use. As you point out, there's no real indication that there's fields off the bounds of the popover. I don't think I'd ever use them. I go out of my way to avoid the momentary flash of the scroll bars when a popover first opens.

• 4. Re: PopOver Scroller doesn't appear
                steveromig

thanks steve,

Not field scroll...So I am talking about the ability to scroll down the popover...So there may be fields that are not visable, and a scroll control will appear and the user can mouse wheel down the pop over. I hope this is more clear

I think I am trying to reproduce what you are trying to do.  Seems to work for me.

1. I add a popover layout object to my layout
                2. I add a slide control and other objects to the popover layout object
                3. I resize the popover layout object so that some of the layout objects contained within it are not visible in Layout mode and would require me to scroll when viewed in Browse mode.
                4. I save the layout and switch to Browse mode.

If I am understanding the issue you are seeing, you are having problems scrolling the contents of the popover object.  It works fine for me with the example I tossed together.  Perhaps an example file of what you are trying to do would be helpful in this case.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: PopOver Scroller doesn't appear
                  user9259

I figured it out; so i moved/resized  the slide control a little off the top and down of the popover and it worked. Even though the fields were only visible on 1 slide control; it seemed that it did not like the slide control too close to the popover description text.

Thank You