AnsweredAssumed Answered

Popover not displaying

Question asked by sharpie on Dec 23, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 by BruceRobertson

I've been getting some very strange behaviour with my popover button that I've never seen before.  I created a popover button on an invoice layout to perform a script to convert the invoice total price from GBP to Euros, store the converted price in a variable and display it in a merge variable on the popover.  The button runs the script that is set to run from the popover's 'OnObjectEnter' script trigger, but it doesn't display the actual popover window which is a bit of a problem because that's where the result is displayed to the user.  I don't get it.  I thought it might be because I created the layout as a print layout from the wizard.. So what I did was create another layout in the same context but told the FileMaker wizard that it was a computer layout , actually that still didn't solve the problem.  I then copied the exact same object to my original layout based on the same TO and it does display the popover and perform the script.

...So it's very weird, my popover object is only popping over/ displaying on one layout and not others (in particular not on the layout that I want it to).  Does anybody know why this might be?  Had this problem before.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Sharpie

Outcomes