1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 1:18 AM by Stigge

Run an import from a file placed in a Container?

Stigge

Hi

Am building an function that allowes me to import pre-invoicing details files in to an filemaker database. So i later on can build statistics and other usefull information from on it.

All the pre-invoice files are .xlsx files and its year back that i need to import.

I have all functions already made for this, all the import works to put everything in correct tables and with correct information..

Now i just want to improve this scripts.

What i do now:

manually choose the same file for all 10 tables, so i need to manually choose the same file 10 times and click the import options.. that is alot of clicking......

The first thing i do when i need to import is to load the file in to a container. (to get the department name and what year and what month. so i dont need to type that manually).Now am wondering if its possible to make my "Import" function automaticly choose the container file instead ?

I have googled alot for this but cant find an solution or if its even possible..

Do enyone know ?

• 1. Re: Run an import from a file placed in a Container?
          Stigge

Sometimes you just need to trust in yourself.. i solved it myself =D

this is the reason why i love "programming" so much.. when you have a problem and you just use your brain and solve it =D.

Solution was way way way more simplyer then i thought.

make the "GetValue(GetAsText(FileContainer);2)" in to a variable.

use the variable in the import.. =)

works greate ! =)