3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2015 5:30 AM by MaxEh

report graphic image form won't print

rwg4th

I have created a really nice form that I imported from a pdf as a background in my report and then filled in all the blanks with merge fields but only the merged data prints. It looks great in browse mode but won'y print there. I even tried using a screen capture .jpg as a background image in inspector with same result (actually a piece (about half) prints but the rest of it and the form disappear in preview mode or when printing in browse mode. Is there a solution to this? I don't see why filemaker lets me import the background and shows it in browse mode if it is an illegal function, and what about the image background option in inspector why doesn't that work either. I have attached a copy of the form in jpg form from a screen capture to give you an idea of what I'm talking aboutfinished.png

please someone enlighten me... filemaker is so buggy at times and upgrades never seem to fix any of these problems only give new features.

• 1. Re: report graphic image form won't print
          MaxEh

On Mac OSX 10.9 with 14A I did the following.

Downloaded the png file. Created a new db using 14A, set up a one page 'body' only layout, turned on View: Page Margins,dragged the png file into the layout, resized to fit one page (looks fuzzy - not sure if that is the size you want to print). created a couple test fields, created a record, added some data and it printed just fine. Perchance in Inspector: Postion: Grid  the 'Hide object when printing'  box is checked? Is object sliding on? is the graphic anchored differently?

//and upgrades never seem to fix any of these problems only give new features.

So this happened in previous versions? - your comment seems to suggest that this is not the first time/version that this issue has happened or are you referring to other, often valid issues?

Martin

• 2. Re: report graphic image form won't print
            rwg4th

here is my database the layout/report is called contract. Can you see what I am doing wrong?

• 3. Re: report graphic image form won't print
              MaxEh

On on my way out the door - Family Christmas!

It looks like your form is too large for the area you are trying to print. I got rid of the Header and Footer parts, resized the body so that it comes 1 or two pixels above the dashed page end break and deleted the other 3 pages underneath. You made need to do additional tweaking but it printed properly. Have a look at what I have done and work with that. You may have to redo the form to a slightly smaller size to fit.