you could add a 'case' statement to the auto-enter option that 'does/does not' depending on the radio button field. You also can add a script/scripttrigger to the radio button field that dies does the calc
that dies the calc
† calc 1992 - 2015
(I know, using this forum with your iPad is painful )
For best answer, you need to be aware of the chronology of the whole process:
Your auto-enter calculation sets in when 'create new record' is performed. This calculation might take place before the user has taken any decision which case should apply (Radiobuttons: o Field A | • Field B)
How do you "guide" your user thru this processes?
This analysis best starts with a follow-up scheme, kind of:
- user enters Layout
- user chooses case Field-A OR case Field-B
- create New Record according to the case chosen
- open this thread in the normal view, not in the inBox view. inBox has no actions. Takes quite some time on iOS...
- select 'edit' from 'actions'
- add a couple of lines at the beginning (otherwise, when some text is selected, the iOS edit options overlap the forum options)
- hit 'strike through' from the forum options
- try to place the cursor
- give up, place the cursor somewhere, as close as possible to the edited word
- delete all letters until the cursor is right of the edited word
- add a blank, type the right word
- edit again, the stupid iOS function that becomes irritated when 2 fingers are on the glasskeyboard had auto-deleted the word
- delete the added lines at the top
at school, we sometimes had to write some stuff on the chalk-board, 1000 times.
how about that Apple/FMI representives have to edit some stuff in this forums a 1000 times?