3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2015 2:19 AM by Markus Schneider

Shifting Field Entry

Hoochimagoo

Hi, I currently have a text field (field A) that fills through an auto-enter substitute calculation which gathers text from a group of other fields (fields 1,2,3).  What I would like to do is toggle the same auto-enter calculation (from fields 1,2,3) to fill in another field (field B).  I assume one toggle method would be to use a radio button on the layout that I could select either field A or B.  This would then appropriately change the field being filled in.

Any insight would be much appreciated.  Oh, and Merry Xmas.

• 1. Re: Shifting Field Entry
          Markus Schneider

you could add a 'case' statement to the auto-enter option that 'does/does not' depending on the radio button field. You also can add a script/scripttrigger to the radio button field that dies does the calc

• 2. Re: Shifting Field Entry
            Benjamin Fehr

that dies the calc

RIP

† calc     1992 - 2015

(I know, using this forum with your iPad is painful )

Hoochimagoo

For best answer, you need to be aware of the chronology of the whole process:

Your auto-enter calculation sets in when 'create new record' is performed. This calculation might take place before the user has taken any decision which case should apply (Radiobuttons: o Field A | • Field B)

How do you "guide" your user thru this processes?

This analysis best starts with a follow-up scheme, kind of:

- user enters Layout

- user chooses case Field-A OR case Field-B

- create New Record according to the case chosen

• 3. Re: Shifting Field Entry
              Markus Schneider

edited..

to edit:

- open this thread in the normal view, not in the inBox view. inBox has no actions. Takes quite some time on iOS...

- select 'edit' from 'actions'

- add a couple of lines at the beginning (otherwise, when some text is selected, the iOS edit options overlap the forum options)

- hit 'strike through' from the forum options

- try to place the cursor

- give up, place the cursor somewhere, as close as possible to the edited word

- delete all letters until the cursor is right of the edited word

- add a blank, type the right word

- edit again, the stupid iOS function that becomes irritated when 2 fingers are on the glasskeyboard had auto-deleted the word

- delete the added lines at the top

sigh.

ps.

at school, we sometimes had to write some stuff on the chalk-board, 1000 times.

how about that Apple/FMI representives have to edit some stuff in this forums a 1000 times?