AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go: Weird problem with Substitute( ) function:

Question asked by chebfarid on Jan 1, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 1, 2016 by BeatriceBeaubien

FMPA 13 on OS X and FM Go 12.0.8 on iPad Air.

In a small HTML parsing routine I'm using the following calculation:

Substitute ( $html_bookInfo ; "<span dir=ltr>" ; Char ( 13 ) )

(the $var contains part of the source code of an html page)

A second function then deletes all the HTML tags.

This gives in FMPA the expected result, a list of CR separated text pieces which I continue using as a value list in an other script :

Titolo

Il grande male

Volume 637 di Biblioteca Adelphi

Autore

Georges Simenon

tradotto da

B. Bertoni

Editore

Adelphi, 2015

ISBN

8845929868, 9788845929861

Lunghezza

147 pagine

For completely unknown reason however the substitution of the search-string does not execute on the iPad with FM Go, th result is always a long string without line breaks like this (after the elimination of the html tags)

TitoloIl grande maleVolume 637 di Biblioteca AdelphiAutoreGeorges Simenontradotto daB. BertoniEditoreAdelphi, 2015ISBN8845929868, 9788845929861Lunghezza147 pagine

Obviously I have already used also the classic CR-placeholder instead of char(13), the result is always the same.

I have spent a whole day with this problem but I won't get out of it - I tested various substitutions on the iPad and they all worked fine but FM Go won't work with my source text.

Here an example of the text saved in $html_bookInfo:

<td class="metadata_label">Titolo</td><td class="metadata_value">

Il grande male</span><br><a class="primary" href="https://www.google.it/search?hl=it&tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=bibliogroup:%22Biblioteca+Adelphi%22&source=gbs_metadata_r&cad=3"><i>

Volume 637 di Biblioteca Adelphi</span></i></a></td></tr><tr class="metadata_row"><td class="metadata_label">

Autore ...

As you see It's plain simple html code, I really don't understand why the Substitute( ) function of FMGo won't work with it.

Every hint is highly appreciated,

Happy New Year from Milano

Outcomes