3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 4:09 AM by twinkel

In Manage database view screen blanks out when selecting a table occurrence

twinkel

In Manage database view screen blanks out when selecting a table occurrence which makes it difficult to move things around. I have reinstalled the programme but to no avail. Any ideas?

I am using Filmmaker 12 Pro Advanced on a MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2010 running Mac OS 10.11.2.

• 1. Re: In Manage database view screen blanks out when selecting a table occurrence
          TSGal

twinkel:

Thank you for your post.

Does the screen blank out for all database files or just a specific database file?

Since FileMaker Pro 12 is not certified to run under Mac OS X 10.11.2, have you tried using FileMaker Pro 12 under Mac OS X 10.9?  Does this work with your solution?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: In Manage database view screen blanks out when selecting a table occurrence
            Benjamin Fehr

TSGal

I can replicate this with FMP12 on Mac OSX 10.11.*)

- Screen blank out when click-and-hold mouse onto 1. Table

- objects re-appear as soon as you move mouse outside the frame of 1. Table

- screen stays, -no blank, when you move mouse onto 2. Table in order to assign a dedicated key-field

twinkel

I wouldn't know of much more OS 10.11 specific issues with FMP12

Dragging TO-Relations from any unwanted key-field from 1. Table to dedicated field in 2. Table, then click on the edit box between the two tables to assign the correct field for 1. Table seem to be an easy work around.

Little inconvenience to run a old FMP version on a unsupported Mac OS.

I try to find some "polite" words about FMP 12. Let's say: Performance, reliability and new functions are worth the investment for a FMP 13 update

• 3. Re: In Manage database view screen blanks out when selecting a table occurrence
              twinkel

Hi,

In reply to your question as to whether the blanking of the screen when selecting a Table Occurrence in the Relationship window in a different Database still occurred?

I used one of the FileMaker Pro solution databases and added an additional Table in order to create a relationship. It caused the same effect; the screen blanked out when selecting one of the occurrences. This may not be a major disturbance when only working with one or two table occurrences but it becomes a problem when working with a multitude of them.

Kind regards

Travis Vowinkel