AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need advice on employee scheduling

Question asked by jmyers.svt on Jan 4, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 by DanielShanahan

I currently have a work order management database that we use daily. It encompasses everything from our customers, inventory, work orders, etc.

Right now, the way we have it set up, is each technicians home page has a portal that shows their jobs (work orders table) scheduled for that day. Also have a tab for all open work orders, incomplete, etc etc.

The layout the dispatcher sees, shows all the techs and their schedules for the date she is viewing using a portal for each tech. From there she can schedule a new job according to what tech has time available.

Now the problem that I am running into is a much broader scope of tech scheduling. I have part time techs that dont work every day. I need a way to somehow note that they are "Off" for the day or whatever it may be. Or maybe if they are in training or if we have meetings or something. Currently, I create a new work order for that day or time and schedule it to that tech, but that gets old and really clutters up the work order list.

I am looking for some good advice on different ways to accomplish what I am looking to do and have room to grow for the future in case we may need to add more features. If you need information on my database, please do not hesitate to ask and I will provide all the details you need.

Thanks in Advance

Outcomes